Community Pool Rules
Spring Ridge Community Pool
Rules and Regulations (2009 Edition)
Section I - Purpose and Enforcement
Purpose: The purpose of these Rules and Regulations is to ensure the safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities for the benefit and protection of all. Your cooperation in abiding by the following conditions and cautioning your children to be familiar with and observe all rules and regulations are sincerely appreciated.
Enforcement: The Community Managers and Pool Management Staff (Manager, Assistant Manager, Lifeguards, and Gate Attendants) shall have absolute discretion and authority in enforcing the Pool Rules and Regulations and the operation and safety conditions of the pool. The Manager is in charge of the pool and shall use his/her discretion to enforce all Rules and Regulations to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Discipline/Suspension: Any violation of these Pool Rules and Regulations, will result in the following disciplinary actions:
Minor Violations (as determined in the sole discretion of Pool Management Staff):
- First violation: Verbal warning.
- Second violation: Sit on the deck for ten (10) minutes and notice to patron of potential suspension for the day.
- Third violation: Suspension for the day.
Major Violations: The Community Managers and Pool Management Staff (Manager, Assistant Manager, Lifeguards, and Gate Attendants) shall have the absolute discretion and authority to suspend immediately the pool privileges of any member or guest for any of the following reasons all of which shall be considered major violations (subject to review only by the Board of Directors [BOD]):
Immediate suspension without a hearing may be imposed for up to three (3) days. A written incident report on all suspensions, containing the reasons therefore, will be submitted to the BOD. The BOD may vacate such suspension. The BOD may increase any suspension on recommendation of the Pool Manager or Community Manager, which may include up to expulsion for the remainder of the pool season. Additionally, any children under the age of eighteen (18) who receives three (3) or more violations that result in suspension/expulsion from the pool must appear, along with their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) before the Board of Directors at a regular Board Meeting to discuss the disciplinary action taken.
Any minor child, under the age of 16, whose parent/legal guardian is not available to pick up the child when contacted, as required for any violation of these Rules and Regulations, shall be required to sit in the pool deck area until the parent/legal guardian arrives to pick up the child. All members and guests are required to leave the pool facilities at the time the pool closes each day. Spring Ridge Conservancy, Inc. shall not be responsible for any minor child not picked up by a parent or legal guardian after regular swimming pool hours.
Upon removal and suspension, the member or guest's pool pass will be pulled and kept at the lifeguard desk. A Parent/Legal Guardian must come pick up the minor child. Parent/Legal Guardian will sign incident report, which will include the following statement: “I have received and understand the incident report and pool rules.” The child's pool pass will be returned to the Parent/Legal Guardian.
There shall be immediate suspension for any fighting or violent acts committed. Persons causing undue disturbances, as determined in the sole discretion of Community Managers and Pool Management Staff, will be asked to leave the pool facility.
· Any Spring Ridge Parent/Legal Guardian of a minor child, directly related to a suspension or expulsion from the pool area may request a hearing with the Board of Directors, by submitting such request in writing to the Board of Directors.
· Members under suspension are prohibited from participating in Pool Parties until such suspension is removed.
Section II – Use of Pool Facilities
All members and guests shall use the pool facilities, at their own risk. Spring Ridge Conservancy assumes no responsibility for any accident or injury occurring on pool property. Any valuables brought to the pool facility shall be at the member’s or guest’s own risk. The Conservancy shall not be responsible for loss or damages to personal property, including but not limited to bicycles and automobiles on the Conservancy’s property. All injuries occurring on the premises must be reported immediately to the Pool Manager or the Assistant Pool Manager.
Section III – Admission
Resident: Spring Ridge Pool (the “Pool”) requires all members to have a current pool identification card or pass. Passes are not transferable and shall not be issued if there is a delinquency or deficiency in Association Dues. Pool privileges shall be revoked if a homeowner becomes delinquent in Association Dues. No children under the age of fourteen (14) are allowed in the pool area without being accompanied by a member over the age of sixteen (16) with a valid pool I.D. With the following exception, children aged 12 OR 13 will be permitted entrance to the pool provided there is a signed parental consent form on file at the Management Office. Once this form is provided, these children may be issued a special pool pass or a special marking will be made on their regular pass. This privilege will be revoked should the child be suspended from the pool OR it is found that the contact information provided is not correct. For the purpose of swim team events, the team coaches will be considered proper adult supervision. Each adult member is responsible for his/her own children and guests. Non-swimmers must be under adult supervision at all times. Children ages fourteen (14) – sixteen (16) may bring one (1) guest only, and that guest cannot be younger than fourteen (14).
Guest Admission Procedures: Each household member (see above paragraph for rules regarding children ages fourteen (14) - sixteen (16) bringing guests) may bring guests to the pool in conformance with the established guest pass procedures. All guests must sign in and out at the pool gate and be accompanied by a member with a valid Pool I.D. The member host is responsible for the actions of their guest.
Annual Swim Test: All minors fourteen (14) years old and younger are required to take a swim test annually. “Swimmers” who pass the swim test will be given a bracelet to be worn at all times when visiting the pool and are allowed in any depth of water. Non-swimmers (minor guests under fourteen (14) years of age who do not pass the swim test) are only permitted to be in the water up to five (5) feet deep with the use of a swimming aide and MUST be within arms reach of an adult at all times. See the Pool Manager for accepted safety devices.
Fee: Guests may use the household member’s guest pass or pay $2.50 at the gate.
Each household may bring up to a maximum of eight (8) guests per day in accordance with the established guest pass procedures (see second paragraph under “Admission” for rules regarding children ages fourteen (14)-sixteen (16) bringing guests). Any more than eight (8) will require two (2) weeks written notice to PMP, Inc. and will be considered a party. The required application and paperwork for hosting a party must be completed at least two (2) weeks in advance of the requested party date.
Section IV – General Safety Rules
1. Any major violations (see Section 1 – Purpose and Enforcement).
2. Glass or sharp metal objects.
4. Abusive or offensive language, cursing, and obscenities.
5. Food and beverages are allowed in pool area. (Beverages in cans, paper, or plastic containers are permitted). No food or beverages are allowed inside the pools.
6. Running, pushing, excessive splashing, unruly behavior, fighting, wrestling or rough play.
7. Wheeled vehicles (except baby carriages, strollers, or wheel chairs).
8. Playing, swinging, or sitting on ladders.
9. Sitting, hanging, or diving over the float lines.
10. Cigarettes, cigars, chewing gum, chewing tobacco and/or snuff (except for smoking in designated areas).
1. No non-swimmers allowed in the diving well.
2. Parents are not permitted to swim in the diving well and catch a non-swimmer.
3. Exit from the diving well from ladders only.
4. Only one (1) diver is permitted on the diving board at a time.
5. Diving is permitted from the end of the diving board only.
6. Dive straight out from the diving board only.
7. Swim immediately to the ladder after diving.
8. Wait until the preceding diver swims clear (to the ladder) before diving.
9. Multiple bouncing on the diving board is prohibited.
10. Swimming is not permitted under the diving board while people are diving.
11. No hanging on the diving board.
12. Lifeguards will have the authority to decide whether the diving well will be open or closed for diving.
1. Only those 12 years of age and under permitted to use the slide.
2. A person must be a minimum of 42” tall, must be able to swim unassisted, and must be able to tread water for at least 30 seconds to use slide.
3. One person on the slide at a time, with immediate entry into the water.
4. Wait for previous water slide patron to reach the ladder before descending into the water.
5. No standing directly under or in front of the slide.
6. No running off of the slide.
7. No flotation devices. Except water wings or vests.
8. No hanging on water slide.
9. No parents/instructor/other adult may slide with a child.
10. No head first sliding.
11. Lifeguards will enforce all rules for the safety of all patrons using the water slide.
12. Lifeguards will have the authority to decide whether the water slide will be open or closed for diving.
1. No fifteen (15) minute adult swim time is applicable to this pool area.
2. No kids older than five (5) years of age are allow in this pool.
3. Children MUST be within arms reach of an adult at all times.
4. No diving or jumping into pool.
5. Floating toys, life rings and balls (but not air mattresses) are permitted in the Baby Pool.
Section V – Sanitary Rules
Section VI – Pool Closings and Inclement Weather
A. The pool area or a single pool may be closed at the discretion of the Pool Manager in case of thunder, lightning, rain, or operational breakdown or Frederick County Health Department concerns.
B. At the sound of thunder, everyone is to leave the pool water for thirty (30) minutes after each sound. From the last sound of thunder, the pool will remain closed for at least thirty (30) minutes.
C. At the sight of lightning, everyone must leave the pool area (including the deck) immediately for one (1) hour.
Section VII – Changes to Rules and Regulations
Suggestions and/or complaints must be made in writing to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will answer each suggestion. Any change in these Rules and Regulations will be posted on the pool bulletin board. Your suggestions are encouraged.
These Rules and Regulations shall be subject to amendment or revision by the Spring Ridge Conservancy, Inc. Board of Directors.
Revision Date: 04/14/09